- The District SCSC Society Ltd., Krishna, Machilipatnam was established in the year 1974 with a view to take up programmes for the economic development of scheduled Caste families in the district. The Corporation was registered under the A.P.Co-Operative society Act in 1964
- SC Population as per 2011 census, in Krishna District 45,17,398 out of which SC population in the district is 8,71,063(4,35,412 are men and 4,35,651 are women). The percentage of SC population is 19.28%.
The Corporation has been established with the following main objectives:
- To provide financial assistance for creation of income generating assets to the poor scheduled Caste households for social and Economic development.
- To offer training programmes for skill Developments/ skill up gradation leading to self / wage employment.
- To plug critical gaps of finance in economic support schemes.
PLAN FOCUSES ON:
- The District SCSC Society Ltd., Krishna, Machilipatnam has been taking up economic support schemes which include purchase of Agricultural Lands, Bore Wells, Pump sets, Milch Animal, Energization of Minor Irrigation Schemes, Schemes under ISB sector and Various trainings Programmes and special emphasis is on Vulnerable sections like Flayers & Tanners, Bonded Labour, Jogins.
- All these schemes are implemented with loan tie up from the banks and directly by the District SC Society and in convergence with line Departments.
- Self-employment schemes with loan under Non-Bank linked sector from the Apex Corporations i.e. National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) and National Safai Karmcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC), New Delhi are implemented.
THE CORPORATION AND AFFILIATED DISTRICT SC SOCIETIES:
- The Corporation Head Office formulates policy in terms of preparing annual Action Plan, Monitors implementation of schemes by way of conducting review meetings, video Conferences. The corporation mobilizes financial resources from Government of India, State Government and other financial institutions and in turn, releases to District SC Societies for implementation of schemes.
- The District SC Societies mobilizes financial resources 15% earmarked funds from the Local Bodies.
- The District SC Societies function under the guidance of a committee under the Chairmanship of the District Collector. The day to day affairs managed by the Executive Director who is assisted by two Executive Officers and other supporting staff.
LOAN WAIVER & CHANGE OF POLICY:
- During 2008-09, the Government have announced LOAN WAIVER SCHEME benefiting 11.37 lakh SC beneficiaries and waived Rs.516.02 Cr loans pertaining to Margin money/ NSFDC/ NSKFDC.
- During 2008-09 (after waiver of the loans), the Government have changed the role of SC Corporation from lending agency to facilitator for providing subsidy @ 50% of the unit cost or Rs.30,000/- for sanction of economic support schemes with the loan linkage from the banks.
- Government have brought in Act No.1 of 2013 on planning, allocation and utilization of financial resources in transparency and accountability for the economic, educational and human development of SCs during the year 2013-14. The Act facilitates allocation of more funds to SC Corporation for taking up economic support schemes in a more focused way for ensuring economic empowerment through sustainable livelihoods to SC individuals and groups.
- In the light of above, the Government have enhanced the subsidy component for economic support schemes and the subsidy component is 60% or Rs.1.00 lakh (which ever less) in case of the self employment schemes vide GO Ms.No.101,SW(SCP-1) Dept., dt. 31.12.2013.
REVIVAL OF NSFDC & NSKFDC:
- Government of Andhra Pradesh approved the revival of NSFDC (National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation) scheme and NSKFDC (National Safai Karmcharis Finance and Development Corporation) scheme and it is implemented from the year 2015-16.
INTRODUCING OF BACKEND SUBSIDY:
- Government of Andhra Pradesh have issued Operational Guidelines for implementation of disbursement of Backend Subsidy in the implementation of Welfare schemes vide G.O.Ms .No. 32, Social Welfare (SCP) Department, dt: 19.03.2016 in order to ensure 100% physical existence of the units and it is implemented from the year 2015-16.
- For the past 41 years i.e. 1974-75 to 2015-16, the District SCSC Society Ltd., Krishna, Machilipatnam has sanctioned an amount of Rs. 413.64 Crores covering 2,94,691 beneficiaries through Economic support Schemes for upliftment of their livelihood.
- Under SCAP 2016-17 a target of 7278 units covering of 7564 beneficiaries with an outlay of Rs.10284.47 lakhs has been communicated by the VC & Managing Director, APSCCFC Ltd., (Both Bank linked & Non Bank Linked schemes ) and out of which 3604 units covering 4020 beneficiaries with an outlay of Rs.5273.34 lakhs were sanctioned.
- Under SCAP 2017-18 a target of 8853 units covering of 9273 beneficiaries with an outlay of Rs.14724.09 lakhs has been communicated by the VC & Managing Director, APSCCFC Ltd., (Both Bank linked & Non Bank Linked schemes ) and out of which 9838 units covering 9931 beneficiaries with an outlay of Rs.17772.39 lakhs were sanctioned.
|Scheme||Subsidy pattern||Beneficiary Contribution||Bank Loan/ Other|
|Economic Support Schemes||60% limited to maximum of Rs.1.00 lakh||–||Balance|
|Animal Husbandry||60% limited to maximum of Rs.1.00 lakh||–||Balance|
|NSFDC||In case of High value units 40% & 35% subsidy on par with industries promotion policy||2%||Balance as NSFDC Loan|
|NSKFDC||In case of High value units 40% & 35% subsidy on par with industries promotion policy||2%||Balance as NSKFDC Loan|
|Land Purchase Scheme||75%||–||25%NSFDC Loan/ Institutional Finance|
|Training / skill up-gradation and other Schemes||Grant-based (from SCA / ESS)||–||–|
|Sl. No.||Name of the Officer||Division / Mandal attached||Landline|
EMAIL ADDRESS :-
|2||SC Youth Way||https://youthwayap.org/|