REVENUE DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS
- Maintenance of Land Records Pertaining to land in the State. Survey number-wise crops cultivated, sources of Irrigation ownership due to sale of land, hereditary transfer, following the due procedures envisaged in the ROR Act.
- Issue of Pattedar Pass Books and Title-deeds, Under the Records of Rights Act 1971 (amended in 1980, 89 and 1993) to the occupants also who are in occupation as a tenant, lessee, mortgager of the lands to facilitate them to seek loans on the land from banks.
- Assignment of Land for Agriculture and House Sites: Government land both for Agriculture and for House sites purposes to various categories of people like Landless Poor, Political Sufferers, Land Oustees, Ex-Servicemen, Government Servants, etc.,
- Alienation and Acquisition of Government land / Private Land for bonafide public purposes to a person, institution or local body either free of cost or on payment of market value, For public purposes like construction of Project, Factory, and Government Institution etc.,
- Protection of Government Land: From any encroachments, grabbing etc. to safeguard the interests of the Government.
- Under Inam Abolition Act, 1956 : This Act conducts enquiry and grants Ryotwari patta for eligible cases.
- Under A. P. Land Reforms Act (COAH), 1973: Determines surplus agricultural land and takes possession of the land declared surplus and distributes the land to landless agricultural laborers.
- Maintenance of Birth and Death Registers in the rural areas by Village Revenue Officers.
- Maintenance of Database & extending Citizen Services: By issue of various certificates namely Caste, Income, Residential, Integrated Caste-Nativity-Date of Birth, Income, Non-earning member, Possession, Patta, Extract of Pahani and PPB/TD etc.,
- Water Tax: Demand and collection as per the provisions of the A. P. Water Tax act 13/1997 on all agricultural lands notified under category I and category II sources of irrigation for every cropping season.
- Levy of NALA and One time Conversion and Collection.
- Under Revenue Recovery Act: Recovering arrears of revenue namely by Distraint and sale of immovable property, attachment and sale of immovable property, and arrest and detention of the defaulter.
- Relief and Rehabilitation in case of Natural Calamities: Like Floods, Cyclone, Hail Storm, Earth-quake etc and when a large number of people are affected, Organize relief camps and supply of food, water, Medicines, Clothing, Utensils, cash, etc. to the victims and construction of houses.
- Public Distribution System of Essential commodities like Rice, Wheat, Sugar, Edible oil under the Public Distribution System (PDS) to all Card holders. Appointing Fair Price Shop dealers in the State by Revenue Divisional Officer.
- Maintenance of Law and Order: Through various sections of Criminal Procedure Code are invoked in case of any breach or apprehension of breach of law and order by Collector, Revenue Divisional Officer and Tahsildar.
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF REVENUE DEPARTMENT
- Elections: The District Collector conducts various elections like Parliament, Assembly, Local Bodies, and Water User Associations etc. Publication of Electoral rolls, calling up of claims and objections, conducting enquiry, and issue of Photo Identity cards to all Voters online.
- Social Security activities: Identifying the beneficiaries under Widow Pension Scheme, OAP.,and Handicap together with National Family Benefit Scheme and also processes the cases for sanction of relief under Apadbandu Scheme where the primary breadwinner has met with an accidental death.
- Miscellaneous Activities: The Officials of the Revenue Department discharges various miscellaneous activities like attending Protocol duties in case of visits of VVIPs, supervision of conduct of various exams, eradication of child labour, eradication of Untouchability, adult literacy programme etc.