Women Development and Child Welfare
WOMEN DEVELOPMENT AND CHILD WELFARE DEPARTMENT
The Dist. Women and Child Development Agency are working in the District under the Chairmanship of the District Collector for the Welfare and Development of Women and Children through various Programmes, Schemes and Institutions.
Programmes and Activities of the Department :
Integrated Child Dev. Services: District is covered with 21 ICDS Projects with 3812 Anganwadi Centres.The main goals of the ICDS are :
- To reduce IMR, CMR and MMR.
- To reduce malnutrition among 0 – 5 yrs children.
- To enhance the capacity of the mother in taking care of children Health and Nutrition.
- To lay the proper foundation through Pre-school for all-round Development of children in the age group of 3 – 6 years.
To reach these goals various services are provided to the Beneficiaries through the Anganwadi centres All the AWCs functions from 9 AM to 4 PM on all working days.
- Uniform food model is followed for 3 – 6 yrs pre-school children i.e. midday meal under the local food model.
- Pregnant and Lactating mothers are provided hot cooked meal daily in Anganwadi Centres along with egg, milk and IFA tables in Amrutha Hastham Programme in all ICDS Projects of Krishna. Balamrutham was given for 6m to 3y Children every month. 2nd NHD- Immunization, Anti Natal Checkups and counselling.
PRE – SCHOOL :-
- Pre-School or early Childhood education is provided to 3 – 6 yrs children in the Anganwadi Centers. A very good curriculum which is prepared by the Department and District Collector and Magistrate, by State Resource centre for PSE, AMS, OU, Hyderabad is followed and the education department with fixed time table and these AWCs are provided with Pre-School kit material. Immunization, Health Checkups and referral services are provided through convergence with the health department.
Supplementary Nutrition Programme (SNP) :
- To provide hot cooked meal on the lines of mid-day meal for 3 – 6 years children (spot feeding) with Rice, Dhall with greenly leaves, Sambar with vegetables. Take Home Ration for 6-3 years children with Balamrutham.
Anna Amrutha Hastam (One full meal programme to Pregnant & Lactating women)
- In this programme Pregnant and Lactating women are provided 1 full meal, 200 ml milk and egg it is implemented 21 Projects in the District.
- All the AWCs functions from 9 M to 4 PM on all working days.
- Under Gorumuddalu Scheme the Supervisory feeding programme was given to the SUW, SAM & MAM Children in all ICDS Projects for 180 days with special care in this programme one egg per day, 100ml milk and one extra mini meal was given to the children.
Bala Sanjeevani :
- Under this scheme, provide nutritious and iron rich food to pregnant women, mothers and the children below 6 years of age.
The primary objective is to reduce pregnant women and children mortality rate and to eradicate Anaemia.
PARTICULARS OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN INSTITUTIONS
- 4 Children Homes are functioning in Krishna District .
- Female Children in the age group of 6 to15 years Orphan/Semi Orphan and below poverty line children are provided Shelter with Boarding, Clothing and Medical Care.
WORKING WOMEN’S HOSTEL:
- One Working Women’s Hostel is working at Vijayawada with sanctioned strength of 60. Those who are getting Rs. 5000/- or less than Rs. 5000/- per month and students who are undergoing trainings in different trades are eligible for admission.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT, 2005 and One Stop Centre :
The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005 is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted to protect women from Domestic Violence It was brought into force by the Indian Government from 26 October 2006. The Act provides for the first time in Indian law a definition of “domestic violence”, with this definition being broad and including not only physical violence, but also other forms of violence such as emotional/verbal, sexual, and economic abuse. It is a civil law meant primarily for Protection Orders and not meant to penalize criminally.
One Stop Centre :
OSC provides Medical assistance, Legal aid, Facilitation in dealing with the police, Psycho-Social Counseling and temporary shelter under one roof to the aggrieved women facing any kind of violence due to the attempted sexual harassment, Sexual assault, Domestic violence, trafficking, honor related crimes, acid attacks or witch hunting.
Activities taken up by the Integrated Child Protection Unit in Krishna Atrocities
ICPS Sponsorship :
- Sponsorship will offer Supplementary financial Support to families to meet the Education , Medical, Nutritional and other needs of children with a view to Improving the quality of their lives.
- Krishna District has 2 SAAs 1in Machilipatnam and the second one is in Buddhavaram. 150 children were given adoption in Krishna District till date.
- As per CARA Guidelines and Adoption Regulations Act 2017 given Children to the Parents .
Rescue and Rehabilitation :
- Identification vulnerable children and provide shelter in Child Care Institutions (CCIs).
- Awareness/sensitization and capacity Building.
- Conducting awareness progress and training.
One Stop Centre :
One Stop Centres (OSC) are intended to support women affected by violence, in private and public spaces, within the family, community and at the workplace. Women facing physical, sexual, emotional, psychological and economic abuse, irrespective of age, class, caste, education status, marital status, race and culture will be facilitated with support and redressal. Aggrieved women facing any kind of violence due to attempted sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, trafficking, honour related crimes, acid attacks or witch-hunting who have reached out or been referred to the OSC will be provided with specialized services.
POSHAN Abhiyaan (National Nutrition Mission – NNM):
POSHAN Abhiyaan (NNM) set up by Government on November, 2017 aims to reduce the level of stunting, under-nutrition, anemia and low birth weight babies. The important components of the Abhiyaan are: ensuring convergence with various programmes; incentivizing States/ UTs for achieving goals; IT enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM); Evaluation; weighing efficiency and making nutrition visible; Community mobilization awareness advocacy; IEC, Jan Andolan – to educate the people on nutritional aspects, on-line Course on Nutrition for Children, Nutrition message from folk songs and songs on WASH, sending messages on nutrition and also creating ring-tones, Yoga for children at AWCs; strengthening human resource; measuring height and length of children below 6 years of age.
Under POSHAN Abhiyaan, the Government has fixed targets to reduce stunting, under-nutrition, anemia (among young children, women and adolescent girls) and reduce low birth weight by 2%, 2%, 3% and 2% per annum respectively. Mission also strives to achieve reduction in Stunting from 38.4% (NFHS-4) to 25% by 2022 (Mission 25 by 2022).
Monitoring is done under POSHAN Abhiyaan through ICDS-CAS aimed to augment system strengthening including improving the coverage and quality of nutrition services. The ICDS-CAS has two components, namely the mobile application which is made available to the field functionaries pre-loaded on mobile phones and a six tier monitoring dashboard for desktops. The software allows the capture of data from the field on electronic devices (mobile/tablet). It enables collection of information on ICDS service delivery and its impact on nutrition outcomes in beneficiaries on a regular basis. The ICDS-CAS dashboard facilitates Nutrition outcome oriented monitoring triggered by mapping of weighment efficiency, height and nutrition status of children under-five years. The service delivery to children, pregnant women and lactating mothers can be monitored through the software application dashboard.
Capacity enhancement of frontline functionaries is being done through Incremental Learning Approach (ILA). Joint planning, implementation, and review of performance with health functionaries and continued knowledge and learning exchange through workshops and exposure visits to best practices are a part of this approach. A total of 21 ILA modules have been developed and disseminated to all States/ UTs and are also available on Ministry’s website https://wcd.nic.in
|Sl. No.||Division / Mandal||Landline||Mobile|
|1||o/oProject Director, DW&CDA(k), Vijayawada||0866-2586197||9440814589|
|2||Assistant Project Director||0866-2586197||9491051586|