Krishna district was one of the oldest British administrated areas of Andhra Pradesh. It was formerly called Masulapatnam district and in 1859 when the then Guntur district was abolished, certain taluks thereof were added to this district which was renamed as Krishna district, after the mighty river Krishna.
Area: 8,727 Sq. Kms. Language: Telugu
Coastal line:88 Kms
TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUNICATIONS:
Vijayawada City is the largest commercial centre of this district and also there is an important railway junction being connected to Delhi, Calcutta,Madras, Hubli, Gudivada and Machilipatnam. It has an Aerodrome at Gannavaram about 16 Kms away and a minor sea port at Machilipatnam. The second largest Bus Station complex in the state is also located in Vijayawada.
For more information, may visit WIKIPEDIA KRISHNA
District Collector Mohammad Imtiaz would like to see the district free from plastic and the district administration is vigorously canvassing to discourage the use of carry bags and disposable items.He opines that "One should carry the jute bag to the market but not the plastic bag."